The LAM Foundation and Rare Lung Diseases Consortium welcome you to attend the International Rare Lung Diseases Research Conference & LAMposium (RLDC.2016). This multi-faceted event aims to foster the advancement of rare lung disease research by enhancing communication between patients, clinicians and scientists.
Objectives of the RLDC.2016 are to:
1. Update world leaders involved in the study and treatment of rare lung diseases on the most recent clinical advancements
2. Review research developments in rare lung disease
3. Attract new investigators to rare lung disease research
4. Identify promising new research directions in rare lung diseases
5. Facilitate ‘bench to bedside’ dialog between researchers, clinicians, FDA, NIH, pharma and patients
THE RLDC.2016 WILL OFFER THREE EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES:
International Rare Lung Diseases Research Conference: One full day (Friday) of 20 minute “Rare Lung Disease Intensive” presentations offering current state of the art diagnostics and treatments for 15 rare lung diseases. On Saturday, workshops on pulmonary alveolar proteinosis, pulmonary Langerhans cell histiocytosis and genetic lung disease will focus on planning clinical trials.
19th Annual LAM Research Conference: Leading LAM investigators join early career scientists to discuss recent scientific progress, with a focus on lung matrix.
19th Annual LAMposium Patients, Family & Friends Conference: LAM and Rare Lung Disease patients, family and friends will attend a wide variety of educational sessions designed to inform and inspire. Topics range from disease and treatment fundamentals, research trial participation and oxygen therapy to exercise, fundraising and nutrition.
Many additional activities are planned including the Research Room, Scientific and Community Poster Reception, Rare Lung Diseases Clinic Director Congress, Rare Lung Disease Consortium Celebration Banquet and Breath of Hope Gala.
The following Rare Lung Diseases Consortium Partners will join us:
- Alpha-1 Foundation
- Castleman Disease Collaborative Network
- Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network, Inc.
- Histiocytosis Association
- Lymphangiomatosis & Gorham’s Disease Alliance
- Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis Foundation
- Sjögren’s Syndrome Foundation
- Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance